Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sims 3 patch- has anyone else had problems with it?

The Sims 3 patch is something new. I installed the patch successfully, but for some reason the patch doesn't allow my game to load all the way. It starts to load and then the game shuts off, bringing me back to the desktop. Sorry to say, EA support wasn't much help. They always say the same thing. Shut down background tasks, update drivers, blah, blah, blah. All of that has already been done. I ended up having to back up, uninstall, then reinstall my game just to get the game to work after installing the patch. I was wondering if anyone else had problem with the new patch and what they did to fix it if it didn't work for them. Or even if you had a problem what the problem was. Thanks!Sims 3 patch- has anyone else had problems with it?
Yes I had the same problem and end up doing the same thing that you did. After reading through all forums, it seems that if you have installed any mods, they conflict with the patch when you install it.

It was what happened to me. One guy said to cut folder mods and copy it on desktop, to restore the original Resource.cfg file (which I didn't backup...), install the patch and put back your mod folder.

Didn't work for me and as you I reinstalled the game.... and turned off the automatic patch update!Sims 3 patch- has anyone else had problems with it?
I had the same problem. When I called EA support all the guy had me do was to get me to delete all my cookies and history in my internet browser, and yes, it didn't work anyway for me. So I had to uninstall everything, and even then I downloaded the patch again to see if it would work and it has not. So I don't know what the issue is. I'm sick of this though! I want the patch because the game is to slow without it, but then I can't even play it with the patch. I'm pissed at EA....
  • tapas recipes
  • coming soon to dvd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment