Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Is the Sims 3 Patch Available?

Is there a sims 3 patch yet to fix the speed up thing? if not, when will the patch be released??Is the Sims 3 Patch Available?
Not yet, it is annoying because I can't handle how slow the game is without the use of the speeds.



Seriously though, do EA actually beta test their games. They push the game back %26amp; then release it with errors. You can't tell me that no major problems weren't found before they released it.



EA are getting bad with their crashes %26amp; bugs. The last 2 years, most games they release don't even look like they were tested for errors.



I wouldn't be surprised if they take a couple of weeks to get a patch out, just a major one they are working on. Damn EA.



- I would have preferred they didn't release it when they did, I would have preferred to have it actually working. Customising is low because they want people to spend money to buy items off their store. The price for items is a bit over the top. $17 gets you approx 13 hairstyles, where as a $30-$40 expansion pack gets you a whole lot more.



EA need to lift their game, because nearly every game they release has obvious errors. I wonder if anything does get properly Beta Tested with them.
Ea are soo annoying i brought the game as soon as it came out! And what only for me to be dissapointed. I cant believe they held up the game for a while only for the game to come out with so many flaws! All i can say is that Ea had better get a patch out and quick! x

Report Abuse

Is the Sims 3 Patch Available?
http://www.bigdownload.com/gam… This is the patch. it ROCKS!!!!!! speeds up the game, prevents shutdowns. its awsum. if you are dont like the sims 3 becoz of the speed or it shuts down in the middle of the game then get this. it realy does help.

Report Abuse


I got TS3 the day it came out %26amp; I have the expansion %26amp; stuff pack. NEVER had a speed problem. You cant blame EA if you have a crappy computer. And just because it's only 6 mths old doesn't mean its good. Sims is a BIG game, sorry to say HP isn't that great for gaming.

Report Abuse

Is the Sims 3 Patch Available?
I read over on the EA forums that they'd promised one within a week - in which case they've got until tomorrow :s



There are a lot of theories circulating about how it's the fault of the individual PC (mainly from smug people whose PCs happen to like it!) but even if this is true it's not really acceptable, i've only had my hp Pavilion for 6 months, it meets all the performance levels for the game - but still no ultra speed.



I think it's universal enough a problem to need a fix, it's not only old computers that can only just run it that are struggling, there's something bigger wrong there.



Also my graphics aren't great and the game refuses to save anything (error 13?!) - not exactly user-friendly and disappointing, never had any problems at all with Sims 2 and I have all the expansions.
the thing with the speed "problem" isn't because EA did such a bad job at designing the game, but it's because most PCs running the game (and since the game is targeted to not only hard core gamers) isn't able to handle the game, specially if you have the ultra speed. the game would have to play the WHOLE town on ultra speed, and it would take a computer with a large processing power to do so...



if the real (ie sims 1 and 2) ultra speed was placed on sims 3, I'm pretty sure the game would crash in majority of your computers, so I suggest you stop complaining.



checking more reliable sources (ie forums) where techies hang out and you'd see more of the same answers.
the patch was out but EA took it offline because so many pirates were downloading it for the leaked version so you may be able to find a copy on pirate bay or some other torrent site (although it's illegal.) But the speeds not working isnt a bug, it's because you're comp is at the lower end of the system requirements, mine only has 2 speeds too :( but apparantly the patch will fix the story progression, but there's a mod out for that on MATY.



Happy Simming
i have all 4 speeds and they work fine, so it would probably be a computer issue. for those of you with your "hp pavilion", no matter how much you pay for it or how new it is, those kinds of pcs will never run games properly, no matter what the retard store person tells you. go to an actual computer store, tell them what you want to pay and play and they will build something that will actually work.



there are 4 speeds in sims 3, the first three are the normal ones and the 4th one is just speed 3, but it stops once the sim has completed the task they were doing.



PS. i have been playing sims 3 daily since it was first leaked, and i have not come across a single bug/glitch/error yet!!??!!
Not yet, I think.



Of course ea beta tested the game, but the problem is that where so many problems, errors and glitches can occur there's bound to be somethings that go wrong. On a game sooooooooo mega I thought it was only normal. Hardcore simmers will remember things like this happened with The Sims 2 and The Sims first came out, did it stop them from becoming some of the best games of all time...nope. A lot of the time their was glitches on the expansion packs as well. Game designing is a difficult thing to do, and on a game so difficult to make, design and actually have a hope of being put on the shelves, that is a lot of pressure. Something was bound to go wrong. Why don't you all stop moaning? Just remember... Things could be a whole LOT worse.
I agree with Claire, the ones that are blaming the error on ill-equipped PCs are usually the ones who have managed to play the game with no problems.



I don't think it's the fault of the individual PCs, the complaints are far too common for this to be true. It's a glitch, and those lucky enough to purchase a bug-free game shouldn't insist on planting doubt into the minds of those less fortunate. Hopefully a patch will be developed soon as it is almost impossible to play the game in constant real-time. It ruins the fun for me when I have to wait almost 10 minutes for my sim to wake up.
No patch yet.... I am getting really annoyed with the bugs in the sims 2 and 3. Ea offers no help really but to upgrade your computer. (even though my computer passes compatibility) I had a problem previously with my sims 2 expansion packs not working and installing in the wrong place. I spent 2 days on the phone with Ea and they finally gave up....

There is a website you can visit to make sure it's the game and not you pc.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com



I agree that the speeds stink and it takes forever to fast forward when your sim is out. I am really disappointed with the sims 3 and having to spend even more money on stupid things like hair.
Im shelving my game till a patch is out. I just spent 10 hours last night and another 9 today creating my whole town with friends and family.



Then i start to get down with the whole social aspect of the game, going to visit, learning new things, jobs and that sort.

And one by one...my houses started to come up empty. My sims just left the houses. They are still in my sim bin, but gone from the houses.

All the skills they learned, contacts...gone.

Story line is is OFF but they still gone.



From what i have read on other forums there is s'posed to be a fix coming for it.
Ive binned my game untill further notice. The speed-up function is too essential to go on without.. Who wants to watch their sims snore for 10 minutes, eat breakfast for 3 minutes and then watch an empty house for another 10 minutes while they are at work..



Its a typical EA trademark.

They have been halfassing their games lately.
No. At least not a patch that is for PC users or one to actually fix the freaking speed. I'm also sorta pissed off that the entire game isn't very... customizable. Like, you can't make your own town and what not. Sigh... I think they're supposed to include that in an upcoming patch too, but its still annoying. They update a lot of stuff and you can read about it on The Sims 3 facebook page--the discussion board is helpful.



http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/-13…

The current patch for MAC users, apparently.



I was going to link you to the facebook page, but FB isn't loading for me right now.
the sims 3 life is almost unbearable with out speed but to help you out while we don't have the patch use this cheat to move there mood bars up so they are always awake the cheat is *testingcheatsenabled true*

just like that but without the stars.
i think so because once i downloaded the sims 3 to my mac it said before i even palyed it once do you want to update the sims 3 so yeah i think it is but minew as free go to google
It seems troublesome, but perhaps this link will help you.



http://asilee.com/2009/06/05/need-a-patch-for-the-sims-3-go-here/



While unofficial it seems to help some of the problems.
I Believe a world modder will be in one of the many expansion packs that ea will be putting out. come on you really think they would do that to people??? I mean really.
There is no patch by EA yet, and the answer above me won't help you, that link was 'deleted' due to 'violations'.
I had the speed issue as well.....Mine was corrected by a new graphics card believe it or not.
Unfortunately, we have all been waiting for the patch. It is so buggy! Can't wait to get it.
Not yet.
It hasn't, I'm eagerly waiting for it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment